Wednesday 13 May 2020

The Purrfect Cuppa


I started writing about  Purrfect Cuppa in my Hurghada post, but I just had too much to say and to share about this wonderful place. It's truly a haven. It's my happy place.



It's an English tea room and a cat cafe. The cafe is owned and run by two lovely women with hearts of gold. They serve a wide variety of items from delicious soups and sandwiches to mouth-watering homemade cakes and pies. That's of course, alongside fresh coffee or your choice from a wide variety of teas. You can even have a proper full English cream tea, including finger sandwiches, scones, and dessert!


Meanwhile, cute cuddly kitties are around giving out positive energy. The cats at Purrfect Cuppa are all rescues and they're so well taken care of that we joke that all the street cats are jealous. The nearby cats outside are fed and given water and little beds, so they have it pretty good as well I'd say.

I swear I'm not sitting on him.

My absolute favorite is Apollo. He's like the mascot to me. He's regal, majestic, and quite large. He's basically one step away from being a panther.

God bless him, he's gorgeous.
There's also Tyson who's pretty much the boss but he loves cuddles. Shady is a real beauty as well.
You get the idea. I believe there are about 20 cats roaming around. They're very sweet. It goes without saying that visitors need to be gentle and treat the cats with respect.

Tyson, you sweet thing.

They also have a crafting club that's a lot of fun. It's really therapeutic to lose yourself in a project and think of little else for a few hours. In the end, you have things you can be proud to display in your home. It's a really great way to spend an afternoon, learning something new, and meeting people.

I made this mirror using cut up old CDs! 
String art birds, in case it's not completely obvious.

A painting class. I think it came out ok for a first try, but more importantly, it was a great experience.

The Purrfect Cuppa has games and puzzles you can use while you have your tea or whatever. It's such a homey atmosphere that you could easily spend the day there. 


A family game of Monopoly

I was in Hurghada one day over the weekend during the school year. I got my lesson plans done and had a lovely iced tea.

Chillin with Baloo.


There's also Purrfect Cuppa merch! 



Obviously, at the present time, Purrfect Cuppa is closed due to Covid-19 but you can still order food to take away.  Hopefully, when everything is back to normal, I can return. It's truly my favorite place in the world. If you're in Hurghada, do check it out. You'll love it too.

2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing, and I can tell that you miss it. It's so cool that you know the cats by name and their different personalities. Hopefully you'll get to return soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a great place. I hope you can go some day. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete