Sunday 10 May 2020

How To Make Cauliflower Rice


Like you, I'd heard about cauliflower rice in recent years and while I do enjoy cauliflower, I thought making it would be tedious. Recently, I've been trying to lower my carb intake and thought I'd give it a go. Turns out, it's super easy and delicious! I followed a very basic recipe so if you have any tips, let me know!

Texturally, it feels more like eating couscous than rice but it definitely hits the spot and you can eat a  hearty serving, guilt-free. It's quick and easy to prepare and cook. Follow these easy steps and enjoy!

You need a head of cabbage or 2, depending on how many people you're cooking for.

Cut it up into small chunks or florets.

Wash it really well.

Pulse it in a food processor or chopper in batches for a few seconds. You can also use a grater.

It will look like this.

I like to add onions and garlic. 

Sautee the onions and garlic in some olive oil until transparent or slightly browned.

Add the cauliflower rice and cook, stirring sporadically on medium heat. 

I added some chopped parsley and cooked it for about 5-7 minutes.

Part of a delicious, healthy meal.
It's become a favorite in our house and it truly feels like a rice/couscous alternative.

Have you had cauliflower rice, do you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment